Friday, September 4, 2015

Heartstrings

I'm not your puppet anymore.

You said things would be better now

but with you there are always strings attached


my lips are stitched with a triple knot to yours

and you can't see the scars on my lungs

from the goodbye I've managed to hold inside

you never asked if I wanted your heartstrings tied to mine

the noose kiss on my neck is starting to ache

and I can't get out of this death grip you call affection

so please just cut me loose

before I forget how to breathe without you tugging at my strings













8 comments:

  1. "before I forget how to breathe without you tugging at my strings" killer close to a killer post

    ReplyDelete

  2. wow wow wow! such a good write. you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not your puppet anymore. You said things would be better now but with you there are always strings attached"
    -Wow! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Your post always seem to get to me...you have a great way of putting your feelings into text and I love that.
    "You said things would be better now but with you there are always strings attached"..It sounds like your puppeteer has you clinched tightly within his vice grip with a confused understanding of what is truly on the opposite end of those strings. Inspired and Enlightened-
    *Endless Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You said things would be better now but with you there are always strings attached" and "you never asked if i wanted your heart strings tied to mine" So good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "the (noose) kiss on my neck is starting to ache"

    YES

    really every line is perfect and im such a fan.

    ReplyDelete