Sunday, January 10, 2016

Yes Nelson, there is something else

This is it.
This is what it's all led up to
Hating my acne covered existence in 7th grade
Eating lunch alone in the bathroom in 8th
9th grade first kisses
Sophomore year and still labeling people as Timberline or Mountain Ridge
11th grade diet pills and depression pills and is there a pill to take it all back?
12th grade
Senior year
It's the end of the line
It's
"What are your plans after high school?"
"What college are you going to?"
"When are you submitting your papers?"
This is real talk isn't it? So let's be real
I for one don't know what the hell I'm doing
and I broke a guy's heart because I was too afraid to admit it
But we're gone this year
We're leaving the hallways behind
and our mistakes in the lockers we never used
Good riddance to ACT prep and dress codes
Good luck to the high school sweethearts
So long to the commons cliques
Kudos to the virgins
If there's anything else to be said
This is it




6 comments:

  1. "If there's anything else to be said
    This is it"
    I'm so in love with these words.
    Such a good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jumped off the screen, it was so poetic and amazing.
    '11th grade diet pills and depression pills and is there a pill to take it all back?'
    You are so, so good. so much more than good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word i loved this

    I want to see you perform this

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Good luck to the high school sweethearts"
    loved this line alot for some reason.. and the entire rest of your post!

    You're amazing and I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Good riddance to ACT prep and dress codes
    Good luck to the high school sweethearts
    So long to the commons cliques
    Kudos to the virgins"

    All I have to say
    is yes.
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete