Monday, September 7, 2015

Why boys and girls can't be friends

Late night talks about math class and dates gone wrong
Spontaneous sushi runs and shopping trips
Jamming out in the car to T Swift and not caring how bad she danced
A friendship so deep he had mistaken it for love

Knee touches at the movie theater that turned into
Hand holding and leg rubs
Which turned into ear tugging and "the look"
A first kiss so passionate he had mistaken it for lust

Awkward silences on the car ride home
Questioning looks with no answers
Not sure if they were just friends or something more
A heartbreak so unbearable when he said he needed "time"

Walking past in the hall without a word
Typing countless texts she would never send
He waited for a call that never came
With teary eyes she walked away, mistaken he meant goodbye




14 comments:

  1. I kissed my best friend once. Nothing has been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. wow. I know that feel. this was written so beautifully. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rule #12: never date a coworker.


    I assume the same goes for friends as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite yet. I kissed my best friend but this didn't happen lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you incorporated the story line. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "questioning looks with no answers." yes, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the simplicity and movement of this post is incredible and real

    ReplyDelete
  8. "with teary eyes she walked away, mistaken he meant goodbye"

    yep. chills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. .......So much lust, I wonder if its true, because it sounds like that friend really loves you...Not just a buddy or a friend but as something much more that makes it in the end..his assumption is right if you're as beautiful as your writing, your relationship sounds cute, fun, and exciting...As an anonymous writer i truly have no say, but i'd vote for this relationship any day!
    *Endless Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  10. nothing more bittersweet than falling in love with your best friend

    this got me good.

    ReplyDelete