Sunday, January 31, 2016

They Call Me Everything

I'm 11:59 due dates that you could never quite make

I'm the dream that you can't remember but wish you could

I'm the 5th wheeler, heart stealer that never had a "real" boyfriend


I'm the yellow traffic light that everyone curses out

I'm the song that you liked at first but now I'm on the radio and it's not cool anymore


I'm that dollar theater seat that squeaks but it's cheap so people still use me

I'm the swear word that's not "too bad" so it's okay to say in school poetry slams

I'm the loose change in your car that you keep around for convenience 


I'm a back scratch that didn't last quite long enough

I am every kiss that went wonderfully wrong

I'm the last sentence that doesn't seem to do justice 












4 comments:

  1. This was too cool.

    Very cool concept, and you took it in a different direction. The metaphors are specific and unique. And sad.

    You're so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's alright, I'm a fifth wheeler too

    ReplyDelete